Why Hexagol in Schools?
- Safe enclosed hexagonal game cells
- Easy to install and dismantle
- Mobile play indoors and outdoors
- High energy exciting games
- Fully inclusive for all pupils no matter ability
- Bluetooth scoring with LED wireless target technology
- Learning outcomes recorded and abilities improved
- Inspired active play for the video game generation
Assisted Supports Needs Benefits
Hexagol is transforming sport, play and technology experiences for children & teachers today! In mainstream and in assisted support needs environments, Hexagol Interactive cells are an amazing addition to physical education and digital technology.
Hexagol helps with:
- Motor, sensory
- Digital technology specifically benefiting children with special needs by focusing play inside the Hexagol area and providing simple but highly energetic individual and team games.
Through practice and repetition the pupil develops skills, fitness, and confidence in sport much quicker than older traditional sports training.
But Hexagol can be used by ALL kids, hitting one lit-up target or completing a game feels like being a winner; instilling confidence and determination. Hexagol is really effective at engaging pupils on the autistic spectrum and is fully inclusive for pupils with physical disabilities including wheelchair users. Hit one target – feel like a winner!
Progression and Development with Hexagol
In the UK, the National Improvement framework has highlighted the following priorities for education in its pursuit of equity and excellence for all educational establishments and we believe this is also relevant here in Australia. Hexagol has considerably helped in all these areas.
- Improvement in attainment particularly in literacy and numeracy.
- Closing the attainment gap between the most and least disadvantaged young people with sport able to be played anywhere.
- Improvement in children and young people’s health and well-being.
- Improvement in employability skills and sustained, positive, school leaver destinations for all young people.
Hexagol is an exciting and innovative system which provides an engaging and dynamic learning environment. Through the S.P.A.C.E.S app, pupil performance data is gathered and stored online in order that progress can be tracked and monitored. The system has vast potential to develop all significant aspects of leaning (Cognitive Skills, Physical Competencies, Personal Qualities and Physical Fitness) through a variety of sports, and for pupils with sensory processing difficulties the enclosure allows pupils to better focus on the activity due to the smaller space in comparison to the full games hall. The system not only sits nicely with Education Scotland’s benchmarks in Physical Education, but also with those for Literacy & English and Numeracy & Mathematics.
Hexagol has provided our establishment with a fun and interactive tool that supports the achievement of curriculum goals whilst encapsulating the skills associated with higher order thinking skills: leadership, social skills, teamwork and cooperation, independence, and problem solving.
Hexagol has the potential to support our young people to develop skills in relation to wider achievement through supporting pupils to achieve aspects of awards linked to D of E, Caledonia Award, JASS Awards, Leadership, volunteering, National 1 – National 2 personal achievement awards. Addressing opportunities for pupils to utilise Digital technology to enhance learning. Increasing experiences that allow pupils to transfer skills and knowledge into challenging contexts and addressing aspects of Getting it Right for Every Child agenda: Healthy, Achieving, Active, Respected, Responsible and Included.
Hexagol has also increased opportunities for pupils to be engaged in purposeful and active experiences over break and lunchtime and, due to its unique design is totally inclusive” n Physical Education, but also with those for Literacy & English and Numeracy & Mathematics.